Google SEO: How to Rank for “Near Me” Searches
Google SEO should include optimizing your business for “near me” searches if you have a local address and serve consumers in your community. “Near me” searches have exploded in the past two years, seeing anywhere from 150% to 600% growth for various industries. If you have a local business and are not optimizing your SEO for “near me” searches, you are leaving money on the table.
Here are four things you can do to show up on these searches:
1. Claim and complete your Google Business Profile.
To show up in “near me” searches, your business has to show up on Google Maps. The information on Maps comes from Google Business Profiles, formerly known as Google My Business (GMB). Therefore, it is crucial to claim your listing and complete your profile. A few key points about completing your Google Business Profile:
- Be sure that your business name, address, and phone numbers are complete and consistent across all websites and platforms.
- Include business hours and contact details.
- Choose the categories relevant to your business.
- List your products and/or services.
Once your profile is complete, ask your current customers to leave reviews and respond to them appropriately and expeditiously. Be sure to make these reviews public.
2. Create optimized listings for each location.
Additionally, if your business has multiple locations, you will need to create separate web pages and Google Business Profiles optimized for their own “near me” searches. Each individual web page needs to include:
- Address, hours, and products/services offered
- User-friendly URLs that include the location, for example: www.myweb.com/kansascitycleaners
- Title and meta tags optimized for your keyword strings and location
- Accurate title and alt tags on all images.
3. Cultivate backlinks with geographical anchor text.
Backlinks are crucial for any Google SEO strategy, but for local searches, focusing on relevant backlinks with geographical anchor text is necessary. This means using your targeted keyword strings that include your location to hold your backlinks, such as: “cleaners in Kansas City” or “KC cleaners.”
4. Optimize your web pages for mobile.
Over 80% of “near me” searches are made on mobile devices. Optimizing your site to load fast and work seamlessly on any device is therefore crucial. Not only because your potential customers are on mobile, but because Google’s emphasis on user experience means you’re unlikely to rank if you don’t.
Google SEO In Kansas City
“Near me” searches will continue to grow for the foreseeable future. Optimizing your SEO to rank on local searches is bound to improve your online visibility and conversion rates as well as walk-in sales.
At KC Web Specialists, we help businesses in Kansas City and nationwide improve their Google ranking. Whether you’re looking to boost your local search rankings, increase your online visibility, build more citations, or develop a strong online presence, our team of Google SEO experts is always on top of the ever-changing world of online marketing. For more information, contact KC Web Specialists at 913-489-7866, ext 107, or click here to request your *FREE* SEO evaluation.
KC WEB SPECIALISTS
(913) 489-7866, ext. 107
Overland Park, Kansas
KC Web Specialists Marketing Office
KC Web Specialists Accounting Office
1475 Walnut Street, Suite 16
401 W. Frontier Ln, Suite 200A
Kansas City, Missouri 64106
Olathe, Kansas 66061