Top 10 Web Design Features to Increase Your Website Engagement
Web design boosts on-site engagement by your target audience by applying certain techniques that will allow you to generate leads, drive traffic, and retain the attention of your target audience. At its most basic, it means the quality of web design ensures visitors to your site appreciate your content enough to stick around. When user engagement is high, you’ll see less bounce-rate and more conversions.
Here are the top 10 web design features that will increase your website engagement and help grow your business.
- Site Speed. When your web pages load instantly, visitors will stay on-site and engage with your various design elements. Expert web design finds solutions for getting faster loading speed.
- Page Layout. When your layout is confusing, web design can create a simpler, less cluttered layout. Web design focuses on a page layout that complements your text and enhances the impact of your content. A simple layout with plenty of white space to separate each page element, readable fonts, and images adds value to users and keeps your audience interested.
- Navigation. Web design makes your web pages easy to find and easier for users to find what they’re looking for. Providing a simple navigation menu and making good use of page and blog post categories, web design keeps site information organized and constantly accessible.
- Link Structure. Links are a good indicator of how often page visitors engaged in your website. People link to content that moves them, in positive or negative ways. Web design can include photos with titles, embedded links in blog posts and other methods that lead back to your web pages. The more quality links that point to your site, the more authority you build.
- Mobile Responsive. The mobile experience of your website is just as important as the desktop; in fact, users won’t return if they have a hard time finding what they’re looking for. Likewise, search engines penalizing websites that are not mobile-friendly. Website designers use SEO strategies to create a mobile-friendly website.
- eCommerce. Web design can make your eCommerce web pages more engaging for users by enabling CTAs, PPC advertising, live chats and chatbots and interactive site search.
- Loading Speed. Your page load time should be less than four seconds so users don’t bounce to your competitor’s websites. Web design makes your website easy to find and navigate by reducing the number of plugins on your site, compresses images and enables browser caching to get faster loading speeds.
- Live Chat. Live chat is a great way of engaging visitors who can ask questions or discuss transactions quickly and easily, which leads to an increase in conversion rates.
- Photos & Videos. Photos that can be zoomed in on are vital to the functionality of an eCommerce website. Videos are often even more effective for lead generation.
- Monitor & Analyze. Expert technicians use Google Analytics to give you invaluable insight that can be used to boost user engagement across every page of your website.
There are numerous elements of design that are utilized to build a modern, responsive website, and some are more effective than others. If your business website is performing poorly with slow load speed or has any other issues that are not generating new leads and conversions, you need the services of a professional website designer.
KC Web Specialists offer a FREE Website Evaluation and a FREE SEO Report. Start the New Year off right by contacting us today!
KC Web Specialists
913-489-7866, ext 107
Leave a Comment