Web Designer Call-To-Action Optimization
A web designer uses a call-to-action (CTA) element to optimize a business website. Its purpose is to get page visitors to engage instead of bouncing. In other words, if users can’t clearly see and understand where to make a purchase, they may leave the website and go to a competitor.
Web Designer Digital Marketing Strategies
As an effective digital marketing strategy, Call-To-Action (CTA) is used to prompt visitors to a website or landing page to complete an action. A web designer, based on written commands, creates a CTA in the form of a clickable button or a hyperlink. Calls-to-action shows users where to go or what to do next.
When it comes to creating CTA buttons, there are many successful design elements that a proficient web designer uses to appeal to the target audience, including:
- Color – Bright, bold color that contrasts with the page color get attention.
- Shape – Interestingly, the use of rectangular elements give an impression of reliability and balance. Likewise, circular shapes inspire calm, friendly emotions.
- Size – The size of the button should look well-balanced on a small screen. It should be large enough to be noticeable, yet not touch other elements. Alternatively, if it’s too large it can seem aggressive, and you can lose your audience.
- Font – Using a large font size gives the CTA high visibility.
- Actionable –Text that gives a clear and direct command of what to do.
- Compact – The CTA word or phrase should be short.
- Guarantees – Money-back guarantees or short free trial periods encourages users to click on CTA.
Web Designer Call-To-Action Improves CRO
Most importantly, CTA is a key element for conversion rate optimization. CRO is a system in internet marketing and web analytics for increasing the percentage of visitors to a website that converts to taking the desired action, for example, customers making a purchase. Without a clear call-to-action on a web page, it is likely that users will leave the site. Calls-to-action that have a strong appeal is more likely to inspire users to make a purchase or engage in some other action.
Web Designer Types of Call-To-Action Buttons
CTA forms vary, depending on the context of a website. Particularly, used on most eCommerce website landing pages to promote specific products or services that focus on sales may use “Buy Now”, “Add To Cart”, or “Checkout” call-to-action buttons or links.
Other CTAs that are commonly used are:
- “Read More” – Encourages further action to obtain information about the brand, products or other topics. A CTA that leads to a Blog post, for example, enables users to read a full description of the product or service.
- “Subscribe” or “Register” – Used to encourage registering or subscribing to a newsletter.
- “Contact” and “Share” are routinely used to encourage user action. Each option has the same intention, which is to generate user interaction.
Overall, a web designer can optimize your existing website, or build a new website, specifically for your brand, your goals, and your audience. Other important elements of design for business websites are Social Media, Google My Business, Mobile Responsive, and Pay-Per-Click, to name a few.
At KC Web Specialists, web design services are available throughout the metro, including the Jackson County, Missouri cities of Kansas City, Grandview, Independence, Blue Springs, Lees Summit, Belton and more. We serve the Johnson County, Kansas, cities of Kansas City, Overland Park, Leawood, Olathe, Lenexa, Shawnee, and others, as well as Wyandotte County, Platte County, Cass County, and Clay County.
KC WEB SPECIALISTS
(913) 489-7866, ext. 107
5876 Edgewater Drive, Overland Park, Kansas 66223
We are a local Kansas City Google Partner, with more than a decade of web design and development experience.