Web Designer Best Practices For Mobile Responsive Website
A web designer is responsible for designing websites that meet clients’ specific needs. Almost everyone wants a mobile version of their website. Most people have a Smartphone or tablet they use to access the internet. They want a fast loading landing page and compatible screen resolutions across all platforms (e.g. Android phone, iPhone, Kindle, tablet, PC).
Web designers and developers are constantly striving to keep up as the industry continues to explode with new inventions and ever-changing technology. For many, creating a successful, innovative website that meets all the demands of users can be impractical – if not impossible. Fortunately, KC Web Specialists are experienced and proficient in designing mobile responsive websites.
Mobile Responsive Web Design
A highly skilled, detail-oriented web designer can create a website that eliminates the need for a different design for each type of device on the market. A website that automatically adjusts resolution, image size and scripting abilities across all platforms ensures users can easily find the information they are looking for from any device they are using.
Web Design Best Practices
A web designer optimizes user experience to ensure a higher SEO ranking by implementing specific design elements. Some of the more effective best practices for designing a successful mobile responsive website are:
- Mobile-first – Designing the mobile website first, before the desktop version, allows the web designer to evaluate functionality and determine what is visually necessary. For example, mobile websites have less screen space than desktop versions and it is easier to scale up for a mobile site than it is to scale down for the desktop version. Mobile-first is a more practical and efficient approach.
- Branding, Layout & Color Schemes – Consistent branding content throughout the entire website helps establish a business’s identity and ensures users keep coming back. The consistent use of a brand’s logo, colors, images, positioning on the pages and more that clearly promotes the services and products that are being offered to a target audience establishes brand recognition.
- Navigation – When it comes to website loading time, users want easy navigation and minimal loading time. Studies have shown that nearly half of all users expect a website to load in less than two seconds, and most will leave the website if the loading process takes more than three seconds. Some of the key factors that affect bandwidth and loading speed are image sizes, the browser’s cache and plugins. Reducing image sizes, compressing content, limiting plugins and enabling keep-alive HTTP response headers, for example, contributes to a faster loading website.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – One of the most effective web design best practices is search engine optimization. SEO increases the website’s placement in Google’s search engine results page (SERP). A higher SEO ranking leads to more visitors to a website. Using keywords or keyword phrases throughout compelling, concise content is an essential component of SEO.
- Social Media – For a web designer, this is standard best practice in website design. The use of social media promotes the brand and drives content. Adding icons for email, links to blog articles and guest comment options is proven to generate traffic to a website and increase SEO.
These are just a few examples of the common, most effective best practices for responsive web design. Other important elements are Pay-Per-Click, eCommerce, Call-to-Action and Email marketing strategies. A web designer implementing these standards to design a fast, innovative and aesthetically pleasing business website has a significant impact on a website’s success.
At KC Web Specialists, the combined talent, skills and efforts of our experienced website developers, software developers, content writers, SEO strategists, project managers, business analysts, and Internet marketing developers have helped hundreds of clients reach optimal online presence. We can design your new mobile responsive website for the most effective search engine optimization using proven best practices design elements.
Experts in How Business Gets Done on the Internet!
(913) 489-7866 ext 107