Website Design – To Blog or Not To Blog
Website design, basically, is the designing of a website for the Internet.
The appearance, layout and sometimes the content of the website are components of website design. Including a blog is part of the overall website design of your web page. Businesses often question whether they should add a blog to their website. being unsure if it is something their brand needs. Or they may want one, but don’t have the time or skills to consistently create high-quality content, keeping the site current.
What is a Blog? How can it help your online presence?
Basically, a blog is a written article promoting the brand (your business) using keywords that are Google friendly. This means that when someone conducts an online search, Google recognizes the keywords (or keyword phrase) and brings up relevant listings containing those words. When the blog is posted on your website, it appears in reverse chronological order – the most recent posts are shown first. Blogs that including links to other pages or websites have a higher potential for boosting your website’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) rankings.
[Many business owners have reported increased traffic to their website, due in part to blogging and content publication.]
In terms of search visibility, reach and increased sales, having a blog as part of the website design is a contributing factor to a brand’s overall success and customer satisfaction.
Benefits of a Blog
Hosting a blog on your business website has many benefits, some of which are:
- Increased Search Engine Traffic
- Adding a blog to a website means that more pages from the domain become indexed in search engines (eg Google, Bing). This improves organic search visibility and increases website traffic and ultimately, user engagement. Every new keyword-rich blog post that is published creates more opportunities for the target market to find the page, thus increasing the potential for ranking.
- Personalize the Brand
- Blog posts are a way to discuss issues or concerns of interest to the website’s target audience. It provides a unique opportunity to share the personal side of the business owner and employees, breeds trust and creates a sense of familiarity.
- Supports Social Media
- Sharing blogs with highly-relevant content and topical information on social media increases traffic to your website. Images and graphics content enhances the blog post.
- Builds Brand Authority
- A blog helps establish business owners as experts in their field and helps build confidence in their brand. Potential customers are more likely to buy when you have a high online presence as an authority in your industry.
- Long-Tail Search Queries
- Long-tail queries are longer, more specific keyword phrases that online searchers are more likely to use. Business websites that have more content with higher-converting keyword phrases rank better in long-tail keyword searches.
Additionally, there are other significant benefits to adding blog content as a part of website design. A well-structured design that includes blogs is one of the most effective ways to differentiate from competitors. It can help small businesses compete with larger companies. By providing unique thoughts and insights, blogging naturally fosters more search traffic, customer trust, and sales.
In summary, a blog facilitates SEO best practices, such as:
- Title tags (One of the most important SEO factors)
- Meta descriptions
- Content with targeted keyword phrases
- Header tags and keyword phrases
- Internal page linking with anchor text
- Image ALT tags and filenames
- Make content easy to read
- Meta keywords
When text-rich content is added to a website it gives Google more content for indexing. This means the website will show up in more searches. Understanding the process and preparation ensures maximum benefits of website design that includes blogging.
KC Web Specialists Web Design
Are you looking for a website design that will increase your business’s online ranking? We can provide you with:
- Modern looking website
- Mobile responsive website
- Content management
- Social Media management
- A website design that can help increase Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Oftentimes, your business website is the first impression users get about your brand. Building a successful business-focused website is both an art and a science. With over 15 years of experience behind us, KC Web Specialists are proven leaders in crafting a captivating website design for your business. We take a proactive approach in working with our clients and their Kansas City Website Design needs.
(913) 489-7866, ext. 107
5876 Edgewater Drive, Overland Park, Kansas 66223
We are a local Kansas City Google Partner, with more than a decade of web design experience.
Read More About Website Design
Kansas City Website Development
Kansas City Search Engine Optimization( SEO )
Kansas City Web Design Services for Non-Profits
Kansas City Mobile Responsive Web Design
Kansas City WordPress Web Designers