Website Development: How do I Know When It’s Time To Update My Website?
The field of website development is ever-changing, and it often makes or breaks a consumer’s decision to purchase. The design of your website affects SEO as well as the user’s experience, so if it is outdated or not performing optimally, you’re losing potential new customers at the search level as well as sales conversions.
How do you know if your website needs updating?
There are several red flags that indicate that your website is outdated. If any of these apply, it’s due for an upgrade:
- Slow Page Loading: 53% of users will abandon your page if it takes more than three seconds to load. Google has explicitly stated that this affects your ranking.
- Not Mobile Friendly: Nearly 60 percent of all web searches are now performed on a mobile device and Google uses a mobile-first index. This means that if your website design doesn’t function perfectly on every mobile device, you are probably losing business.
- Technical Issues: Missing pages and broken links are frustrating to users, and crawl errors like these have a significant negative impact on SEO.
- Old Content: The first thing we think of when we discuss regular new content is blogging, and that’s definitely important — a blog with only one or two old posts hurts more than it helps, but the content of your other pages is also important. Contact information, references, links, and products or services all need to be current.
- Poor UX Design: UX means user experience. Irritating pop-ups, long drop-down menus, unnecessarily complicated password requirements, and sprawling site maps that are not intuitive are all examples of poor UX design.
KC Web Specialists offers a free, no-obligation SEO evaluation that checks these factors and many more. We use this information to recommend website development that will improve your SEO ranking and sales.
The Latest Trends In Website Development
As a business owner, you should know that many of your customers are constantly online and visit dozens of websites every day. This means that to win them over, you must stand out visually. The leading website development trends to add visual appeal include:
- Dark Theme
- 3D Elements
- Hand Drawn Elements
- Soft Shadows/Floating Elements
- Blended Graphics and Photos
- Realistic Textures
- Abstract Visualization
- Bold Typography
- Neon Or Inharmonious Color Combinations
- Asymmetrical Layouts
KC Web Specialists can help you understand all of these elements and decide which are right for your website updates.
For more information about website development from KC Web Specialists and to request a free consultation, click here or call (913) 489-7866, ext. 107.
KC WEB SPECIALISTS
(913) 489-7866, ext. 107
Overland Park, Kansas
KC Web Specialists Marketing Office
KC Web Specialists Accounting Office
1475 Walnut Street, Suite 16
401 W. Frontier Ln, Suite 200A
Kansas City, Missouri 64106
Olathe, Kansas 66061