Website Development: Top 10 Mistakes Small Business Must Avoid
Working in website development carries its own unique set of challenges. Technicians must be qualified in many different areas of website development, and must also be innovative enough to create an impeccable web design that will attract new customers.
Websites are the visual representation of your Kansas City business and are an ideal medium for reaching a large number of users. They also provide the credibility and trust you need to rank high on search engines. Many small business owners sabotage their online success by attempting to design their own websites in order to save money and retain control. But most common web design mistakes can be avoided when you hire an experienced, professional website development service.
Here are the Top 10 mistakes small business website development must avoid.
- Too Much or Not Enough Information. Users need to be able to immediately see what your site is about, otherwise, they’re going to bounce. Too much content is going to confuse them, plus it slows loading speed. Website development finds the right balance for your website.
- Turning Off Zoom. One huge mistake some web designers make is to disable the zoom feature on mobile sites. Website development ensures users are able to zoom in on an image or body of text if it appears too small.
- Autoplay Video Sound. Users are scrolling down the page and suddenly they get blasted with a loud video. This gets their attention, but not necessarily in a good way. Website development ensures the sound is muted; users can easily click to turn it on if they want to hear the video.
- Bad or Missing CTAs. Call-To-Action features influence users to do something – Buy Now! Add to Cart. Click Here! Professional designers ensure you have the right number of appropriate CTAs that tell users exactly what to do.
- Poor Layout and Content. Content tells users about your business and your products or services. This critical element of website development involves using the right size and type of font, relevant words, and good use of white space with plenty of visual elements to draw the user’s eye.
- Using the Wrong Images. Using photos and graphics is integral to website development for creating interest and attracting users. However, irrelevant images or images of low-quality are unappealing.
- Too Many Ads. Advertisements make you money, but too many in-your-face ads are distracting from important content and cause sensory overload for users. Professional website development knows exactly how many and what kind of ads work best for attracting users.
- Inferior SEO. Your SEO strategies are essential for making your website visible on search engines. Website development uses the best SEO design elements to ensure your website ranks well on search engines.
- No Contact Information. Believe it or not, this is a common mistake – users attempt to make a purchase or use your Kansas City services but there is either no contact information readily apparent, or it’s completely missing.
- Not Using Social Media. Using social media is highly effective for free advertising. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and many other social media platforms can be utilized to promote your business.
No matter the size of your company or type of industry, it’s imperative that you follow a strategic approach to website development. KC Web Specialists in Kansas City has expertise in designing websites for all kinds of businesses. There are a lot of things that must be taken into account to avoid mistakes, and we’ve got the experience and skills to build your website to meet or exceed all of your expectations.
913-489-7866, ext 107
Kansas City, Missouri